asSalaam’alaykum wa Rahmatullah
Welcome to the official webpage of Islamic Society of Northern Wisconsin (ISNW)®. We are a group of Muslims striving to serve the community of Greater Chippewa Valley Region in Wisconsin. This includes cities of Eau Claire, Altoona, Chippewa Falls, Menomonie and surrounding communities. Our mosque is located in Altoona, WI.
For updates and news, please subscribe to our newsletter in the sidebar
Friday Prayer (Jumu’ah, صلاة الجمعة)
Due to Coronavirus pandemic participation in Congregational Friday prayer is by registration only.
Space is limited. If you would like to register for the Friday congregational prayer please
The SOPs in place for need to be followed by every participant.
- Friday congregational prayer will be offered starting at 1:15 pm and ending at 1:30 pm sharp
- The bathrooms will remain closed in the mosque
- Limit Friday prayer to essential components of the ritual only
- Friday sermon will be very brief
- Congregants are asked to pray sunnah at home
- Bring your own prayer rug or use the paper provided by the masjid
- Place your prayer rug at the marked areas on the carpet.
- Once all marked areas fill up the hall entrance will be closed. Please DO NOT ENTER if the hall entrance is closed.
- Please perform ablution/Wudu at home. Bathrooms are strictly off limits (CLOSED).
- Please bring face masks and wear them at all times covering your nose and mouth at all times.
- If you are sick please do not come to the Mosque.
- Please no children allowed.
- Do not bring guests, and do not come if you have not signed up.
- We request that elderly congregants and those with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, COPD etc. continue to pray at home and not come to the mosque for general congregation.
- Please remember to bring your masks otherwise you will be buy one at the Masjid for $5.
- After prayer please leave quickly and do not socialize in the hallway or other areas of the mosque.
- It is our collective responsibility to maintain a physical distance from each other at all times including before, during and after prayer.
Friday Prayer at University of Wisconsin – Stout, Menomonie is held at UW-Stout campus in Price Commons glass lounge at 1:30 pm.
See this page for daily prayers at the masjid.
Please note that the mosque is NOT open 24/7.
Sunday school is now in session for the year 2021-2022
The classes for Sunday school are held regularly during school year.
Minimum age for enrollment is 5 years. Classes are held every Sunday from 10:30 am onwards. There is no fees for enrollment but we ask that that parents contribute towards funds for books and snacks for children. Financial assistance is available, upon request.
The curriculum includes,
- Quran recitation
- Arabic learning
- Islamic studies
For more information or questions email: info[at]altoonamasjid.com
Events, News, & Updates
See our News and Updates section for latest posts.
Contact & Requests
If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to Contact Us!
We appreciate your contribution towards meeting the masjid expenses that incur throughout the year. We encourage you to donate online or through PayPal using the button below.
Or write a check to:
Islamic Society of Northern Wisconsin – Altoona Masjid
527 2nd St. W, Altoona, WI 54720