We will be having our “Ramadan Review” Class on Sunday June 22nd 2-5PM at Altoona Masjid.
We will be discussing all the major issues surrounding Ramadan to review before the Month of Quran and fasting begins.
asSalaam’alaykum wa Rahmatullah,
Here is a summary of some upcoming events at Altoona Masjid:
1. Family Bowling Night at UW – EC Bowling and Billiard Center on Sunday June 15th, 2014 from 5pm to 7pm
2. Ramadan Review: Reviewing rules and worship related to Ramadan: Sunday June 22nd, 2014 from 2PM to 5PM
3. Masjid Spring Cleanup: Saturday June 14th from 10AM till finished
4. Muslim Essentials: What Every Muslim Needs to know before they Meet Allah: Sundays on June 29th, July 13th, July 27th from 2PM to 5PM
5. Ramadan begins on or around June 28th, 2014
View Flyers below for more details!!!
Here are the directions to the Family Bowling Night at UW-EC Bowling and Billiard Center on June 15, 2014 from 5PM to 7PM:
From Altoona Masjid: Islamic Center and Mosque in Altoona, WI
Head west on Bartlett Ave toward 2nd St W for 0.6 mi
Turn left onto 10th St W then go 0.5 mi
Turn right onto US-12 W then go 2.7 mi
Turn right onto University Dr then go 0.3 mi
Turn right onto Garfield Ave
Destination will be on the right in 335 ft
Hilltop Recreation Center
Garfield Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Message from Altoona Masjid Weekend School Principal, Bushra J.:
Dear sisters and brothers,
Assalam O Aleikum, it is our pleasure to announce that by the Grace of God we have successfully completed the second year of Islamic school thanks to the effort and time put in by the teachers and the hard work of the students.
Friday, June 6th is the last day of the school before the summer break. We are planning on having a little celebration. The students are going to give presentations and all of you are invited to attend the ceremony and encourage them.
The program is as follows:
Parents and guest seating at 5:30p.m
Student presentations: 5:30-6:00p.m
Meeting will start at 2PM with the Dhuhr(afternoon) prayer and will end around 5PM followed by Asr(evening) prayer
1. Review Session 1 – Shahaada, 3 questions in the grave, Allah, Prophets, Books, Tawheed, Sunnah, Hadith of Jibreel.
2. Angels, Jinn, Unseen
3. Day of Judgement and Hereafter
4. Wudhu’ – Purification
5. Salaah – Prayer
6. Zakat – Obligatory Charity
7. Sawm – Fasting
We will try to complete the above in our next session insha’Allah. We might fall behind depending on how fast we move and we can save it for the following session.
Family Bowling Night at UW EC Bowling and Billiards Center located at Upper Campus of UW-Eau Claire in the Hilltop Center
Will be taking place from 5PM to 7PM on Sunday June 15th insha’Allah.
Bring approximately $5 with you as this will cover shoe rental and 2 games of bowling
Free Pizza, snacks, and vegetable tray will be provided by Altoona Masjid.
Following are the prices for other games:
For directions and parking feel free to call the UW EC BBC at (715)-836-3950
Meeting will start at 2PM and will end with the start of the potluck
1. Being Muslim and Living Muslim – what’s the difference?
2. Lessons from questions the new Muslims asked the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and his advice
3. The 3 questions everyone is asked in their graves
4. Who is your Lord?
5. Who is your Prophet?
6. What is your religion?
7. The “Hadith of Jibreel”
asSalaam’alaykum wa Rahmatullah,
Whether you are a new Muslim that wants to know the basics of your religion so you can start living Islam or you are a born Muslim who wants to review the most important aspects of Islam, this class is for you. We will be starting our Muslim Essentials class soon. Keep looking for more details soon insha’Allah. Topics for the first meeting will be put up on the website soon along with the curriculum.