What: Quran halaqa
When: Every Mon., Tue. & Wed. (until further notice)
- Tajweed (rules of recitation)
- Arabic (connecting the words with the meaning)
- Memorization (for those who want it)
Time: 7:30 PM till maghrib
Where: Altoona Masjid prayer hall
Led by: Brother Abubaker
For whom: All interested adults and teens who can read Arabic—at any level (from beginners to native speakers)!
- Next Trialogue Meeting:
Sunday, July 30
1:30 to 3:00 PM
Location: Temple Sholom
1223 Emery Street, Eau Claire, WI 54701
- Our August Potluck will be a Picnic & BBQ at Carson Park
Aug. 5 or 6
(Date & time to be announced earlier that week, based on weather forecast)
Stay Tuned for Details!
- Altoona Masjid’s
Eid al Adha Party!
Saturday, September 9
- Starting TONIGHT!
What: Quran halaqa — tajweed & memorization
When: Every Mon., Tue. & Wed. in the month of July
Time: 7:30 PM till maghrib
Where: Altoona Masjid prayer hall (upstairs)
Led by: Brother Abubakr
For whom: All interested adults and teens
- This Friday, after salaat ul jumuah, join us in the masjid dining hall for cake and ice cream!
- WE ARE MANY– United Against Hate will hold a forum at the
District #1 Old Schoolhouse (110 N. 2nd Street) in Mt. Horeb on
Thursday, August 3, from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Community iftars at the following dates:
June 2, Friday
June 3, Saturday
June 7, Wednesday
June 23, Friday
Isha will be prayed on time, at 10:30 p.m. and taraweeh will start about 15 minutes later, lasting about one hour, insha Allah.
1. For the start date of Ramadan, we will be watching moonsighting reports and will send out an email as early as possible this Thursday night, insha Allah.
2. Our first potluck iftar will be this Saturday, May 27, insha Allah. Bring a dish to share. Hope to see you all there!
- Visitors* from a local school. Presentation by our youth: Br. Mobeen and Srs. Aya and Nazish.
- We encourage our middle school students to attend this event, to watch and learn. It will be your turn to give these presentations in just a few years, insha Allah! 🙂
- Visitors* from CVTC – Kristi Hagen and faculty, staff & students.
Sunday, April 30, 12 to 4 p.m. – UWEC International Folk Fair – Location: Davies Center
- 12:00 to 12:20 p.m. Presentation by Dr. Shoaib Naseem
“A Melody to Cure all Malady: Qur’anic Solution for Social Discord”
Location: “The Cabin” (inside the Davies Center)
- 12 to 4 p.m. Booth by Islamic Society of Northern Wisconsin – Altoona Masjid Youth
- Display of Islamic information and cultural items
- Traditional homemade Egyptian food for sale
- Muslim Jeopardy
- Interfaith buttons for sale
- and more!
Sunday, April 30 – NO SUNDAY SCHOOL
- Please attend the International Folk Fair!
Sunday, April 16, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.: Easter Sunday annual volunteering with Temple Sholom at The Community Table.
>>Please contact Sister Sadie if you’re interested in volunteering for all or part of the time.
Sunday, April 16, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.: Sunday School as usual (High School and Middle School students are encouraged to volunteer at the Community Table from 1:00 to 2:45 p.m.)
Friday, April 7, 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.: Visitors* at Salaat ul Jumu’ah (Friday prayer) – Steve Fink and UWEC religious studies students.
Sunday, April 9, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.: Visitors* from Hammond, Wisconsin – Tim Scott and St. Mary’s Parish students. Presentation by our youth: Br. Mobeen and Srs. Aya and Nazish.
Friday prayer at 1:15 pm (till 1:55 pm).