A brief History of the Mosque:
Originally a small Lutheran church established in the community of Altoona, Wisconsin in 1906, the building we currently use as a mosque was purchased November 16, 1992 by the Islamic community in the Chippewa Valley area. Today we are still operating in this building and our community has expanded tremendously from the few families from whence the dream of having an established facility for Muslims to worship began.
Currently the center provides multiple services to the community. These include daily worship, Sunday school for children, interfaith meetings, assisting new Muslims and matrimonial services for Islamic marriages. The center is also a resource of information and education to the community university students, schools, civic and religious organizations