Description of Eid prayer and it's Sunnahs
The following is how the Eid prayer will be performed tomorrow
• The Eid prayer is 2 units(rak’at) followed by a Khutbah (sermon)
• It starts with the first takbeer (raising hands to ear and then folding them with each AllahuAkbar)
• Then there will be 7 takbeers (as described in #2), these are besides the Takbeerat alIhram(takbeer to start the prayer). The takbeer (AllahuAkbar) should not be repeated out loud by the congregation, but only said out loud by the Imam/Prayer leader.
• Then the rest will follow the usual prayer as usual until the second unit begins – Fatihah, a Surah, ruku(bowing) then 2 sujoods (prostrations)
• After coming up from the last prostration of the first rakat (unit) there will follow it 5 takbeers (as described in #2)
• And then the rest of the prayer will follow and the prayer then ends followed by a short Eid Khutbah (sermon)
Some Sunnahs (Recommended actions) of Eid:
• To perform ghusl (ritual bath) before going to the prayer.
• To eat an odd number of dates before leaving one’s house for the prayer.
• for men and women to wear their best clothes for the ‘Eid prayer not necessarily new, that adheres to proper Islamic ettiquette
• To go out to prayer by one route and to return by another.
• To perform the takbeer starting from the Maghrib prayer prior to the prayer until the prayer.